News: SMF - Just Installed!
January 21, 2018, 06:35:40 PM

Author Topic: Barrel Reviews  (Read 3922 times)

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Barrel Reviews
« on: May 31, 2010, 09:07:20 AM »
To be realistic about it, all of the Lapco Assault barrels should perform the same no matter the length. Same as all the Snapshots, MicroShots, etc. Bore Size in relation to paint size, and obviously paint quality are going to be the major factors in differences between player accounts of barrel use. With that being said:

BigShot Assault/ 14" /.687
-I was very impressed with the barrel. The quality was top notch and durable, yet still light in terms of weight. I had one break and it cleaned itself out by the second shot. At .687 I was still overbored quite a bit with the Allstar paint. There is no denying it, paint is getting smaller and smaller. However, the .687 brought me closer to the paint size, and this increased my air effeciency. The barrel was relatively quiet. And the big question of accuracy....loved it. This was performing just as well as my favorite J&J. At 25 yards I was testing a grouping, and could get all my shots within a 10" circle.....most within 6". This was the first time I used a 14" barrel (I normally use 12"), and though that does nothing to barrel accuracy, it increased user accuracy. With a longer sight plain on the barrel I was able to acquire targets faster and that saved my life once with a single snapshot to a sniper's goggles at 15 yards. OVERALL ASSESMENT: I am extremely pleased with the Lapco barrel. It exceeded my expectations and lived up to the name.

*Reminder: A barrel is only as good as the paint you put in it. Get good paint, let your barrel truly shine.
Keeper of the Old Code.

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Barrel Reviews
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 09:56:23 AM »
SnapShot/ 14" /.687

Impressed with the barrel to great ends. The first game i got frustrated and though it was messing my gun up and double feeding (then i put 2 seconds of thought into it and realized it was my detente). Once i fixed THE REAL problem, the barrel shot great. I didn't experience the self cleaning as others did, because i didn't break a ball after the detente t was fixed. I liked the accuracy and with the 14" to gauge by, it was easy down the rail shooting. Effieciency wise A HUGE INCREASE. i went the whole day, and still had 2500 at the end of the day. For most that might not be that great, but remember, i shoot a gas hog mag.

I like it, and think with even more play (as i get to experience its accuracy more and its self cleaning) that i will love it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:08:31 AM by ALPHA {MWB} »
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Copperhead

• Legend
    • MSN Messenger - modernknights@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »
LAPCO 12" Bigshot - .687

I got the same barrel i was using before with a slightly smaller bore. I didnt really notice an increase in efficiency due to the limited time i spent using it, but it shot just as well as my other bigshot, which is to say, awesome! Great barrel all around!

Grim {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »

I had that model for a5/x7 guns.  I had ZERO ball breaks (for the first time in a while).  I'm using it with an x7 Phenom and it makes the gun look pretty dang sweet.  It's got the M4 tip for now, I'll get and try out several tips (Apex-ready and maybe the mock silencer) and review them shortly.  The longest barrel I've previously used was 12", but only 8" from Lapco.  The difference from 8" to 14", to me was pretty big.  The extra 6" for my fake snap shooting was nice to see and aim with.  It didn't get too much use, though, so I'll provide a looooong review after D-Day.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:10:55 AM by ALPHA {MWB} »

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:00:04 PM »
14" .690 Big Shot Assault

First thing I did with this barrel was screw on an apex tip. I didnt even fire a single shot with just the barrel. But I had great accuracy and range with this barrel and apex. I was hitting people and they were shooting back at me and coming up 10 feet short almost every time. 2 UWL games without an issue. 3rd game I had a barrel or apex break. The barrel self cleaned in just a couple shots. But all that paint and shell ended up in the apex. That caused breaks in the apex. Even after swabbing the apex. But a very fuzzy swab should take care of that with no problems if it happens again.

Once I use this barrel minus the apex I will give a more detailed review.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:11:10 AM by ALPHA {MWB} »
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

dingle

• Veteran
  • "...seemingly living the American dream."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »
10 inch Snapshot .687 bore

Thoroughly pleased with this barrel.  It took a touch of adjusting back to such a short barrel but once I did the thing was money every shot.  Aaron wanted to test it out and nailed a 3 inch tree 3 for 3 at about 20 yards.  I was afraid of the 10 inch being pretty loud, as is the tendency with shorter barrels, and although a touch louder than the longer snapshots it was still quieter than my Lucky 15, which is a barrel that I really like.  Sidenote, I noticed that the engraving on mine was upside down and crooked, no biggie to me, just thought it odd.  When I got home and showed it to my wife I put the barrel back on and all the sudden the engraving was right on the side correct side up...so I played the entire day with the barrel unthreaded a touch.  So, I can most likely assume the accuracy would improve when properly threaded. I was suprised by the distance I had (paint to bore match plays a factor), I eliminated someone from the south side of the L all the way across to the west tape line, well over 40 yards with 2 shots. Didn't break a ball all day, I did notice some grime where the porting is, but it didn't effect my accuracy, for at that point of the barrel, that paintball isn't touching.  All in all very impressed, plus it made snap shooting a breeze, and kept my butt alive by allowing my to hug my bunker super tight in the first game - the overall compactness of the gun made it a lot easier to shoot in really tight spaces.  I cannot give an accurate feedback on efficiency, for that is based on paint and I was using a different tank.

Tower {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »
Actually there is a chance the ion threads have 2 leads on the threads, so it could've been on fully both times

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 05:23:47 PM »
10 inch Snapshot .687 bore

All in all very impressed, plus it made snap shooting a breeze, and kept my butt alive by allowing my to hug my bunker super tight in the first game
He did it well.. and frustrated me.. lol
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Grim {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 04:16:44 PM »

I had that model for a5/x7 guns.  I had ZERO ball breaks (for the first time in a while).  I'm using it with an x7 Phenom and it makes the gun look pretty dang sweet.  It's got the M4 tip for now, I'll get and try out several tips (Apex-ready and maybe the mock silencer) and review them shortly.  The longest barrel I've previously used was 12", but only 8" from Lapco.  The difference from 8" to 14", to me was pretty big.  The extra 6" for my fake snap shooting was nice to see and aim with.  It didn't get too much use, though, so I'll provide a longer review after D-Day.

After the D-Day week... I have to say WOW!  More than 3 cases of paint, ZERO ball breaks, and I was able to shoot straighter and farther than most of the people on the field.  Being able to put your paint balls exactly where you want was pretty nice.  During the big game on Saturday, I was able to put most of the rounds from my phenom in 8" windows from more than 50 feet while on full auto.  From being able to complete our objectives @ D-Day to winning the Oklahoma Regional UWL Tourney, having very high quality barrels was a HUGE aspect.

I haven't purchased any tips (all $$$ went to D-Day) yet, so I can't comment, but the M4 tip looks sweet and I had no problems with balls breaking from stuff at the end.  With all the dust, I was pretty surprised that there was no need to run a squeegee through the barrel at any point during the entire week.

Lapco, thank you for these AWESOME barrels, they're paying dividends for us, already.  Hopefully we can do the same for you guys as well!  High quality products for a great price!

Thundercurls {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »
SnapShot/14''/.687

Sweet looking barrel man I put it on my Gloss black mini and let me say that thing looked sweet. Overall performance compared to previous barrel was very noticable straighter shots and very quiet. Previous barrel was a touch bigger @ .689 but that probably helped, more detailed review once I put some more paint through it only shot maybe a bag of paint through it unfortunatly. Very impressed!

UPDATE:

By far this barrel is awesome used it at practice on the 10th all day in the rain, only problem was paint swell from the rain. Making a move on the left side of the field went to put some paint down range broke one mid barrel, shot after cleaned it right out, and following one took out opponent. Thats only one situation of many where the barrel has shown its flawless design.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:14:22 PM by Thundercurls {MWB} »
"Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love."
                                         1 john 4:18

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18:14 PM »
14" .687 Big Shot Assualt

Well I could see alot better efficiency after just 1 game using this over the .690 version. Shot over a case off of a tank with this barrel. So the smaller bore helped. Just as accurate as the .690 too.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:14:23 PM by ALPHA {MWB} »
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

Wetch {MWB}

• Forum Admin
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Nathan Wetjen Illustration & Design
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 07:40:50 AM »
I'm going to start compiling these reviews to put on our website to help show Lapco how much we appreciate what they've done for us. Any other reviews get em up here!

Savage

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
Totally happy with my barrel. VERY accurate, Vietnam proved that lol. I love mine, and the bigshot assault with an apex 2 tip is VERY deadly  ;)
Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me. Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
I'm going to start compiling these reviews to put on our website to help show Lapco how much we appreciate what they've done for us. Any other reviews get em up here!
Where is this going to go?
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »
SnapShot/14''/.687

I barrowed Taylors 14" .687 Snapshot and am totally hooked on these. I will likely be picking up a couple of these for my project gun and Sasha. This thing was retarded quiet on my Vice. I could only hear the ram slamming back and forth and not the shots. This barrel is far quieter then the stock vice barrel or the BL barrel kit I USE to have. Not enough thumbs up can be given to this barrel.