News: SMF - Just Installed!
December 11, 2017, 02:59:48 PM

Author Topic: <<Military and Police Appreciation Thread>>  (Read 3905 times)

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: <<Military and Police Appreciation Thread>>
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »
I listened to this, and thought it would have been interesting to listen to it while looking at a map and following what happened.  It would have been very confusing even without the adrenaline and stress from the situation.  These guys handled themselves well and kept great composure throughout.

planning on it with google maps

awww shucks. Members only now
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 06:07:16 PM by ALPHA {MWB} »
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 11:39:40 AM »
Just threw this up on the Muddy facebook page. A few of us were able to hit this up last night. Lot of fun. Couple pics posted on fb.

"MWB did some training with South Metro SWAT last night. We were deployed as hostages, dead bodies, and OPFOR/hostage takers. We worked through negotiations and engaged when SWAT decided it was time to come in after us.
Had a great time and met some true professionals. Down to earth guys and some amazing shots. We were honored to be able to help, in the ways we could, as a cog in the wheel to prepare these men for hard moments down the road. We really appreciated them taking the time afterwards to chat with us and answer any questions we had. Good people who care about their community.
Muddy is a proud supporter of those who hold the thin blue line."

Keeper of the Old Code.

Slipps {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 12:09:53 PM »
Invite :(

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 12:24:40 PM »
Keeper of the Old Code.

Slipps {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »
:( if you could put in a good word for me for next time I would be very grateful!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:16:56 PM by Slipps {MWB} »

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 12:12:46 AM »
I think I posted this somewhere before, but I love this video. Fellow OPD cop made it for recruiting a year or two ago. Did a sweet job. Much love to those in blue. Our boy Robert is still working the streets with OPD, Slipps is working DCC as a Correctional Officer but also has an interview with Douglas County Sheriffs Department. And I certainly think about my days with Omaha often. It's one of those jobs that is hard to replicate anywhere else.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 12:14:42 AM by Hoot {MWB} »
Keeper of the Old Code.

Leviathan {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 12:48:03 AM »
That's a good vid. I think it would appeal to a person's better nature.
When the going gets tough, stick to your Mud...

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 12:28:40 PM »
Keeper of the Old Code.

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »
Omaha Police taking applications starting November 13th. Going to be hiring some big classes as they prep for a 5th precinct in Elkhorn.

Slipps is doing well testing for Douglas County Sheriff right now, but if he doesn't make it I think he's putting in for Omaha. Checkers, what was the latest on your testing? Anyone looking for a career switch? Could get a crew of Muddy rolling in the PD. Squirrel still locking it down.

Keeper of the Old Code.

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2017, 10:19:23 AM »
Omaha Police taking applications starting November 13th. Going to be hiring some big classes as they prep for a 5th precinct in Elkhorn.

Slipps is doing well testing for Douglas County Sheriff right now, but if he doesn't make it I think he's putting in for Omaha. Checkers, what was the latest on your testing? Anyone looking for a career switch? Could get a crew of Muddy rolling in the PD. Squirrel still locking it down.
called about a week and a half ago.  Still haven't made calls or sent letters yet.  When I did my polygraph they said the latest they'd call would have been the week of my wedding, so over a month ago.  So I have no clue, and omaha hit a hiring freeze till January now but idk if that's going to effect this process or not.

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 10:22:07 AM »

called about a week and a half ago.  Still haven't made calls or sent letters yet.  When I did my polygraph they said the latest they'd call would have been the week of my wedding, so over a month ago.  So I have no clue, and omaha hit a hiring freeze till January now but idk if that's going to effect this process or not.

Check OPD facebook page. They have a 45 minute video of the recruiting phrase. Just posted it 4 days ago I believe saying apps will be accepted in November.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:35:41 AM by Hoot {MWB} »
Keeper of the Old Code.

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »
I'm supposedly still in the running from the list a year and a half ago. But I'm starting to think their gonna let that one expire and go with a new list.