News: SMF - Just Installed!
April 23, 2019, 09:26:47 AM

Author Topic: Inception parts  (Read 1797 times)

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
Inception parts
« on: February 11, 2017, 01:13:13 PM »
Looking for opinion on inception parts and upgrades. Bought an inception center guide rod for my empire sniper to help fix the sticking issue in the pump handle and wanted to know if there parts are worth it
"We can't die. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die" -Malcolm Reynolds

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Inception parts
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 05:01:56 PM »
Don't know much about their parts, there are a few guys at madcow that love their stuff.  What issue where you having with the pump handle if you don't mind me asking?

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »
the pump handle would stick about half way through the return of the pump, you would have to force it out the rest of the way. it was told to me that its some kind of design flaw that happens a lot in the sniper because the pump handle can be under milled.
"We can't die. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die" -Malcolm Reynolds

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 05:37:12 PM »
Same issue mine had.  Mine had a bur om the inside, used a large drill bit that was the same size as the guide rod and turned it by hand to help fix it.  Follow up with slightly smaller bit wrapped in 600 or higher grit sand paper.

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 06:11:12 PM »
thats what i was going to do but i also read that the spring goes after a season or two also so i figured mind as well get both in one go and try out another guide rod. tested it in the back yard and have to say that it is a whole heck of a lot smoother then the empire part was coming out of the box.

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »
Not surprising to be honest, their a decent marker the pump stroke just needs work. The return spring I haveheard of before, I would think that would be true depending on how you like it.  Slightly stiffer spring would mean it returns a hair faster, little lighter spring would lighten the stroke up but if that means the spring wears it faster I'd go with something a little stiffer. What other parts you looking at?

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 07:29:25 PM »
not really looking at other parts quite yet for it. love my sniper and not trying to change it quite yet, however I am open to suggestions if you have something in mind

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 08:05:42 PM »
Do the snipers need to be tuned like autocockers?

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 08:07:07 PM »
I have heard lots of good stuff about inception designs parts. I hope to buy a full cocker from them later in the year.
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 09:53:32 PM »
not really looking at other parts quite yet for it. love my sniper and not trying to change it quite yet, however I am open to suggestions if you have something in mind
good quality paint.

Dark {MWB}

• Co-Captain
  • Forum Admin
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - nspike_00@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - aikido_nick@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 07:36:27 AM »
I have bought one their Kryptonite bodies for my axe I love it lightweight durable I even used it a little bit before I had it painted and it held up to scratches and all that other stuff I would definitely invest in Kryptonite parts in the past I think we bought a GoPro Barrel Mount from them worked good

Looking for opinion on inception parts and upgrades. Bought an inception center guide rod for my empire sniper to help fix the sticking issue in the pump handle and wanted to know if there parts are worth it
"It's nice to be nice to the nice"
Frank Burns
M*A*S*H 4077

SHOCKMAN {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Team Ronin Online
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 11:04:33 AM »
Do the snipers need to be tuned like autocockers?

No. Timing with an autococker is all about the Pneumatics working in sync with the hammer release and trigger pull. 

Sniper is strickly a pump. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
[/ur