News: SMF - Just Installed!
June 17, 2018, 08:33:45 PM

Author Topic: Feb 24th Caveball  (Read 1112 times)

Trek {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feb 24th Caveball
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »
In my vehicle I have my buddy Dan, Checkers, Phoenix, and me. Is that correct fellas?
yup Still planning on it. I will need your shops address though.

4950 Dodge St Suite 4

What time are you guys wanting to get on the road?
I'm up for when ever.
BOBS are saying 10-4 earlier we show up cor more play time we get. I'd be fine with 7 or earlier.

If we want to be there at 10 then we can leave my shop no later than 7.

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2018, 03:19:40 PM »
I'm 50/50 at best. I have to be in North Platte Sunday morning by 7am. That's a lot of driving in 1 day.
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

Trek {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2018, 04:16:35 PM »
I'm 50/50 at best. I have to be in North Platte Sunday morning by 7am. That's a lot of driving in 1 day.

Understandable! That is a lot of windshield time!

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2018, 09:28:20 PM »

With snow taboot

Merry at 630... Ensures leaving by 7
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Koss {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 06:43:35 AM »
I really wish I could make it. Have fun and stay safe on the road guys.

Leviathan {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2018, 04:58:40 PM »
Looking for write up upon return.
When the going gets tough, stick to your Mud...

Trek {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2018, 06:23:35 PM »
I finally have time to sit and write out what our day was like. Let me tell you, it was a roller coaster pretty much from the moment my alarm went off! My buddy woke sick so that bumped us down to 3 in the Stormtrooper for the ride. No big deal there. So I pull out of the garage and am greeted by freezing rain pellets. Yeah it started about 2 hours earlier than Bill Randby assured me it was going to! Pulling out onto Highway 31 and it was 100% snow and ice covered. However, the Stormtrooper was getting good traction, so I felt confident to keep going. Getting onto Dodge shook my confidence. The wind was cross blowing and the front of the Jeep was being pushed all over! By 168th and Dodge I was about to call Phoenix and tell him we weren't even gonna try! Then I hit 156th and Dodge and that was the line. No more freezing rain and the road was clear! Good to go. Grab Winchell's and meet the boys at my shop. There was a moment where, not knowing what we were gonna drive into, we all looked at each other and just decided if it got bad we would turn around. On the road we go!

The interstate had some rough spots where we would skate a little but overall the Stormtrooper handled it all. Then we came across the first semi, on its side, across almost the entire south bound interstate. We had to go on the shoulder around it. Then more in the ditch. A total of 6 semi's either ditched or rolled over. Then by about St. Joseph the road cleared and it was smooth sailing all the way to Jaeger's!

We were there about 15 minutes after they opened. We made the rounds seeing folks and got down to business. As per Muddy regulations we had to sit and wait for someone to not have his gear sorted out. Phoenix you fit right in brother! Checkers and I decide he can hit up the next game and get in que. We start on the far side. There was a lot of people there! I mean a lot of people! Game on starts and Checkers and I hold back a little and see where everyone goes. We fill in center left and start trying to shake off the rust. Almost immediately I take a stray shot to the lens. Done. Don't even think I shot half a hopper. So I go off. Checkers soon followed and we both commented that with this many people, there is paint flying from everywhere.

Get back into que with Phoenix in tow this time. It feels like even more people are here. They open up every field they have. We start from the near side. Again we take it slow and fill in. Then we are being told it was a false start. Then no go ahead but refs aren't answering questions. It was the most disorganized I have ever seen Jaeger's. This never happens here. Most people seem to crowd the tape lines so we stick to center left. I had some solid gun battles working the barrels in the center, primarily cross shooting. With everything open you were rarely firing straight on down the field. I was firing on a guy and I see him pull and run to my left. I glance over and I see a lot of guys running to my left along the observation glass. Not thinking about the sheer volume of people there my thought was, "crap the left tape has fallen and they are gonna flank us!" I pull and tear off around the last big pillar to try to, hopefully, surprise whoever thought they would have a free run. That is when I get lit up from the rear! from my left foot to the back of my left ear I get pummeled! Friendly fire stinks! I turn around and I am like, "REALLY?!" I see 2-3 rental kids and they were like, "Sorry...." So I go out to lick my wounds and see how bad my ear was bleeding. Might have been the worst welt I have ever gotten! There was just so many people there the rec players were just shooting at anything that moved.

So I take a couple game break to let my ear stop ringing and chat with folks. We gear up and head back onto the field. I am telling you I have never seen this place this busy. I wish they would have been able to open up the top! So we line up on the near side again. Game on and we start to move forward.  Suddenly it is game off stop firing! The seasoned scenario players (ie us and the BOBs) take a knee and wait. They pull everyone off the field and do a full reset. Still not sure what happened there. We reset and away we go. Kinda all holding back some until the herds thin themselves. Again playing from the near side and cross shooting left center. Phoenix, Checkers, and I staying pretty close to each other. Phoenix and I make our way around the first pillar on the glass tape side up to the 3 barrel bunker and he is on one knee shooting low lefty and I am alternately firing directly above him or going almost prone to fire under him. Being lefty I could bounce back and forth there quickly. We take out 3-4 guys like that before one with an actual gun hits that position and sneaks a shot on my hopper. Nice shot player! I go out. Then a couple minutes later here comes Phoenix. "Yeah he got me too!"

By now we are into mid afternoon. I have to go deal with my work phone and spend 30 minutes sorting that out. Come back in and we gear up and hit the field. Playing mop up and pushing where we can. I shoot out a couple guys cross firing to my right at the van bunker. Push over to the right tape and there are 10 friendlys there. They don't need me. Peel off and make my way back to the left and post up with a guy at a 3 barrel left of the center pillar. He is firing to his right. I see movement to his left and he wasn't looking. I ease up behind him, squeeze his shoulder and tell him keep doing what you are doing. Then lay a rope down on guys that didn't think anyone was paying attention to them! Lots of opportunity for different angles and a very target rich environment! We last the game and head off the field.

At about 3 I have the paint I carry and we are all ready to eat. We decide one last game. We go in on the far side. More of the same. Mopping up targets. We push hard and it doesn't feel like much resistance. It is target rich! I run through all of my paint. I am out. I yell at the boys that I am going to get a feel for what is still there. So I stalk back and forth right at the points where I should be getting shot at. Nothing. I'm like they are not strategic enough to be baiting us. There can't be many left. So I start yelling, "PUSH! They don't have the bodies to oppose!" We collapse the right tape by the glass and take out 2 guys behind the van. End game. That was all that was there left.

We say our goodbye's and head to A Little BBQ Joint. I got really good burnt ends! It is only 4 miles from Jaeger's! Food was good. Atmosphere was quiet and nice. Our trip home was un-eventful. Roads were good and I ended up back home around 10:30 once it was all said and done. Over all a great trip! Now with that said. The caves didn't instill me with the joy it has in the past. I don't know if it wasn't having you all there with me, or the fact that there were too many bodies for the facilities, or what it was. But it wasn't like it has been in the past. Definitely not like it was when we played up top! We need more of that!

Cheers,

Trek

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2018, 11:38:44 PM »
Great write up.

Or small crew trip this year was one of the best. Come with us next year!
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Slipps {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2018, 01:17:04 AM »
Awesome write up trek

Leviathan {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2018, 06:54:15 PM »
Nice write up Trek. Wish I could have made the trip with you  guys.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:55:54 PM by Leviathan {MWB} »
When the going gets tough, stick to your Mud...