News: SMF - Just Installed!
November 14, 2018, 09:46:55 AM

Author Topic: Viper wastelands  (Read 719 times)

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
Viper wastelands
« on: January 22, 2018, 03:06:36 PM »
afternoon, so, Pflaum from Bob White sent me a text and wanted to extend out an offer to play with them at vipers second wastelands event down at avid paintball park north of Oklahoma City. It’s kind of a unique game for those that don’t know in that there are like 6 or 8 sides that play at once instead of the normal two. Sides each have different objectives but can partner with other sides to accomplish them then stab them in the back. It’s an interesting new concept if anybody wants to go.

It’s the first weekend in may and if anybody wants anymore info let me know and I can get it
"We can't die. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Viper wastelands
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:16:18 PM »
6-8 sides sounds pretty fun to me. I like that idea. May is tough for me. Usually lots of graduations I have to attend (Youth Pastor) and most the weekends will be filled pouring concrete at church for new parking lot. So I'm likely not able to go. But for the first time in awhile...that type of scenario caught my interest.
Keeper of the Old Code.

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »
When everyone was trying to get me to go last year no one mentioned the multiple sides. I'd be interested.

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:39:17 PM »
I too am interested but may...

Wife's Birthday
Daughters Birthday
Mothers Day
Anniversary

My interest may not move into... actuation.
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 09:59:48 PM »
hey guys, sorry for the long year of not being very active. after a wedding of my own, 3 more wedding between my sister, my best friend, and my wife's best friend, plus family and friends coming to town from out of state, its been nuts. well after this next week or two of unwinding and getting life back to normal, I'm going to start making an effort to make it back out again!

that being said, after missing all the scenarios, I just bought my ticket to tombstone.
"We can't die. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die" -Malcolm Reynolds

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »
Kind of forgot about doing another big game. Going to have to double check the budget.

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 10:11:29 PM »
hey guys, sorry for the long year of not being very active. after a wedding of my own, 3 more wedding between my sister, my best friend, and my wife's best friend, plus family and friends coming to town from out of state, its been nuts. well after this next week or two of unwinding and getting life back to normal, I'm going to start making an effort to make it back out again!

that being said, after missing all the scenarios, I just bought my ticket to tombstone.

Dork, you bought a reg for Tombstone on Oct. 6-7th down at Avid?
Keeper of the Old Code.

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 07:37:30 AM »

Dork, you bought a reg for Tombstone on Oct. 6-7th down at Avid?

Yessir

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »
So for those that don't have Facebook or don't have Dork as a friend, apparently he won the sportsmanship award at Tombstone this weekend. I forget, does that warrant a hora or a dilly-dilly?

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 08:59:38 PM »
So for those that don't have Facebook or don't have Dork as a friend, apparently he won the sportsmanship award at Tombstone this weekend. I forget, does that warrant a hora or a dilly-dilly?

Nice work Dork!  Got pics? Link? Stories?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 09:01:57 PM by Hoot {MWB} »
Keeper of the Old Code.

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 10:39:51 PM »
Sorry, this has been a weird scenario. It rained for both mornings and was extremely wet both days so I didn’t take any pictures but did bring home the sportsmanship award for most diverse player! I’ll post the pro pictures that were taken once they show up online!

So, general sit rep, it rained both mornings and viper scenarios start rain or shine so out of 500 registered players, only about 50 people were on the field at the starts. I took advantage of that and ran missions like a madman and got the most completed missions in the scenario from blosing up objectives to scouting enemy positions to holding objectives.

When I wasn’t running missions throughout both days I was running oats to our stage coach (basically fuel for tanks) or sniper cards to our sharpshooters. And when that was done I ran recon on horseback through enemy territory so he could have info on how to move and position. I think I saved a critical mission group from walking into an ambush which contributed to the award.

The real story though that got the award was we were winning by so much 2/3rds of the way through the first day so someone somehow made posters to put up throughout the field and the commander and the xo thought it would be funny to put one in the enemy hq! I volunteered to go and do it as a recon mission on horseback and walked through an entire team and posted it INSIDE their headquarters. It went dead quite as I rode away and out of nowhere their commander put a bounty out on my head and never collected it which made our commanders day!!! It was funny and both hq’s actually got a good laugh out of the joke and how it played out!

During the missions downtime it was very cheeky and fun between the two teams to help alleviate the bad weather!

I’ll post up pictures when I get back to Nebraska and back on my actual computer

The O {MWB}

• Co-Captain
  • Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 11:05:50 PM »
Was it a real horse?
"To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart."  - A.W. Tozer

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 11:15:16 PM »
Sorry, this has been a weird scenario. It rained for both mornings and was extremely wet both days so I didn’t take any pictures but did bring home the sportsmanship award for most diverse player! I’ll post the pro pictures that were taken once they show up online!

So, general sit rep, it rained both mornings and viper scenarios start rain or shine so out of 500 registered players, only about 50 people were on the field at the starts. I took advantage of that and ran missions like a madman and got the most completed missions in the scenario from blosing up objectives to scouting enemy positions to holding objectives.

When I wasn’t running missions throughout both days I was running oats to our stage coach (basically fuel for tanks) or sniper cards to our sharpshooters. And when that was done I ran recon on horseback through enemy territory so he could have info on how to move and position. I think I saved a critical mission group from walking into an ambush which contributed to the award.

The real story though that got the award was we were winning by so much 2/3rds of the way through the first day so someone somehow made posters to put up throughout the field and the commander and the xo thought it would be funny to put one in the enemy hq! I volunteered to go and do it as a recon mission on horseback and walked through an entire team and posted it INSIDE their headquarters. It went dead quite as I rode away and out of nowhere their commander put a bounty out on my head and never collected it which made our commanders day!!! It was funny and both hq’s actually got a good laugh out of the joke and how it played out!

During the missions downtime it was very cheeky and fun between the two teams to help alleviate the bad weather!

I’ll post up pictures when I get back to Nebraska and back on my actual computer

That's it guys. I'm running with Dork from now on. You know assuming he hasn't injured himself, or I haven't injured myself.

Trek {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »
Dork fish just be fore-warned if you take Phoenix with you for missions, make sure you have a well stocked first aid kit with you! Maybe a walking stick...... ;D ;D ;D

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 02:20:59 PM »
Steve was putting in some work. Way to hustle out there buddy.

Two scenarios. 1 Most Valuable Team. 1 Sportsmanship Award. Not too shabby for Muddy this year fellas.
Keeper of the Old Code.