News: SMF - Just Installed!
December 13, 2018, 02:20:09 PM

Author Topic: 2018 pump tournament  (Read 590 times)

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
2018 pump tournament
« on: April 23, 2018, 08:32:07 PM »
Madcow's pump tournament is may 20.  I'm off that weekend who wants to make a team or two? 100$ per team plus paint, if someone needs a pump I have a trilogy I can put a pump kit on I'll just need to borrow a shake and bake hopper.
https://m.facebook.com/events/214078549189993

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2018 pump tournament
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:35:05 PM »
I'd be interested. Need to play with a hopper a bit more to get used to it this time around. That or just keep on with the 10rd tubes.

The O {MWB}

• Co-Captain
  • Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:18:13 AM »
I would love to b a part of this but I work on Sundays....
"To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart."  - A.W. Tozer

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 11:31:26 AM »

Mind letting me try out your MVP?
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

The O {MWB}

• Co-Captain
  • Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 06:14:47 PM »

Mind letting me try out your MVP?

Of course you can use it.  such a sweet marker.   Kahuna and Strong were already hitting me up trying to get me on their team.  Sadly, I cannot.
"To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart."  - A.W. Tozer

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 10:58:45 AM »
I wish I owned a pump gun, and had an actual work schedule.
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 08:38:24 AM »
So I'm not sure if the date got changed but it is now set for June 3. I see Wes is interested on FB. That makes four potentially.

SHOCKMAN {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Team Ronin Online
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 08:42:30 AM »
So I'm not sure if the date got changed but it is now set for June 3. I see Wes is interested on FB. That makes four potentially.

Interested as in following. I plan to watch. I have no desire to compete.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
[/ur

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
Well the tournament was yesterday. Checkers and I played on a team with Shay from the Bobs and Mike "Bacon" Reucsh. We placed 7 of 8. Taylor played with Strong and Big Kahuna I think. Those guys placed 4 of 8. This event was a learning event for me. Chief among those was I need to get some thicker skin when if comes to tournament drama and communication play a much larger role than I give it credit for. I also need to work on finding/making/exploiting holes in opposing players game as well as having the courage/carelessness to take risks and make big plays. On the plus side I find my long balling and overall accuracy to be much better in the local scene than I used to believe while my snap-shooting and sneaking seems to be about average or slightly above. It is nice to have a sort of roadmap of what I want and need to improve on.

I'm not going to breakdown every game since I simply can't remember them all. The original schedule called for 84 matches and we only ran about 2/3 of that. I started of playing snake side and oddly felt very much at home there, in the corner on the snake side was a tower bunker that was the tallest on the field that wasn't the center X. This allowed me to play tall and watch a good bit of the field while allowing bumping into the snake if needed. Never had too much luck inside the snake but neither did most. I also got the chance to play the center for a game and a few on the D side.

Moments worth mention on snake include a few long balls and being the last guy in several times just trying to run out the buzzer. Of all the time I was in that back corner I only got shot out twice with one being a three on one. I did have a good shot playing in the snake where I was able to take out a guy from the #2 team as he grabbed the center flag. I missed two great moments by not acting fast enough in the snake and was beat by the time limit. One was against Taylor, if I had been able to close the distance on him I'm certain I could have snagged him from a low angle when he snapped out the last position he saw me at. Another was I had a chance to flank the opposing center player after eliminating my mirror. There was an embarrassing moment where my teammate traded with another player and I thought I was the only player left. Before going for the flag and hang I had a gut feeling to check the field for another player and should have been shot while I was floundering around out there. I really should have kept better track of my teams elims and may have been able to win that if I had.

For the center I only played it once and was towards the end of the day when I had a good feeling we weren't going to make the finals where I just wanted to try something different. Got to the 40 before being pushed into cover. Was able to take out the opposing D player within seconds and spent too much time rooted in place waiting for something to happen. Taylor was playing my mirror and decided he was tired of waiting so he tried to bunker me, sadly he could not. My teammate, while trying to get Taylor on his run, managed to put one in the back of my head before Taylor made it to me but that didn't stop him from shooting me anyways. This all happened in about a couple seconds and turned into one of the things I laughed most about.

D side didn't go so well for me. Don't really remember what happened the first time I played it but the second I got to my first bunker and got pinned by Sal. I ducked in and snuck up one spot closer to keep him guessing. I popped out and put one his direction, watched it fly straight for his lens, heard it crack, and then watched as a ref called him clean. Apparently evil is more bouncy than I remember. I bumped up again to keep the pressure on and was met with his teammate going to take his place as I wasn't the only one that thought he was out.

Overall it a was a great day and was a nice cheap way to get some solid ball in against some solid players.

Shockman, Checkers, Alpha what were your thoughts on the day?

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 08:30:33 PM »
I was disappointed in all the gun issues me and Shay both had. More than one game I was unable to shoot due to parts moving and the auto trigger bar falling of the pump rod preventing the trigger from moving.  Couple that with shay's marker being so spotty till he was using my back up just compounded the problem.  If we had markers that ran 100% the whole time we might have placed a little higher.  Other than that the drama over stepping out of bounds was a bit excessive. But other than that I learned that I'm out of shape if I compare myself to before I got married and played a lot more, not nearly as fast.