News: SMF - Just Installed!
September 22, 2018, 08:25:54 PM

Author Topic: Armored Combat League  (Read 359 times)

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Armored Combat League
« on: May 09, 2018, 10:27:18 PM »
The Armored Combat League is just what it sounds like. You acquire or make Medieval armor, wear it, and fight in it. All blades are dull, but blunt trauma is a very real thing. You defeat your opponent by taking them to the ground and you remain on your feet. You can do that with your weapons, strikes, kicks, tackles, etc. They have 1v1 matches all the way up to 20v20 matches. Regionals are held across the US with teams hailing from many cities. We have one here in Omaha called the Omaha Ravens. The best fighters get to compete for a spot on the US National team. That US team travels to the IMCF (International Medieval Combat Federation) World Championships every year. In 2018 that is taking place in Scotland within a castle. The USA team does very well every year. Tons of countries send fighters to represent their nations. It's pretty awesome. This year China is entering the fray for the first time.

World Championships actually start tomorrow. They go for 4 days and end on Sunday. I love watching this stuff. In light of our recent venture to Sherwood Forest and its theme I thought I would share this with you guys. Heath and I will be watching some of the event together. They will be live streaming for the next 4 days. Check out the trailer for the World Championship below. They do a good job capturing a bit of the essence of the world tournament. I would love to be a part of this.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 10:31:11 PM by Hoot {MWB} »
Keeper of the Old Code.

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Armored Combat League
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 09:56:30 AM »
Looks more interesting than those silly knight fights they do in Russia
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

The O {MWB}

• Co-Captain
  • Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 09:59:35 AM »
do you have a link to the live stream?
"To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart."  - A.W. Tozer

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 10:17:59 AM »
do you have a link to the live stream?

Unfortunately they don't seem to be live streaming on youtube this year, or at least not yet on these early days. They are streaming on facebook, which means poor video quality. Hopefully they switch soon. They will have all fights on HD youtube after they are over:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/imcfederation/videos/?ref=page_internal

They are doing 1v1s at the moment. The big field/full camera angles will come with the big fights.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 10:21:01 AM by Hoot {MWB} »
Keeper of the Old Code.

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 05:58:47 PM »
What is stopping you from joining the Omaha team?
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 09:15:38 PM »
What is stopping you from joining the Omaha team?

Another team. Another group of men I would need to invest in and be a part of. Takes away from limited time I have with Muddy. Another time commitment overall.

Now if other Muddy had a fancy to dabble in these waters as well....well then....
Keeper of the Old Code.

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 11:43:46 PM »
one of my buddies from the military who used to paintball in this area before he joined (micah nelson is his name if it rings a bell)actually does this and is pretty good at it. ive seen him a couple of times online and its really interesting to watch tactics and stuff go down
"We can't die. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 11:49:40 PM »
one of my buddies from the military who used to paintball in this area before he joined (micah nelson is his name if it rings a bell)actually does this and is pretty good at it. ive seen him a couple of times online and its really interesting to watch tactics and stuff go down

Where does he live now?
Keeper of the Old Code.

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »

Where does he live now?

Let me reach out and I can find out for you
"We can't die. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 09:26:36 PM »

Where does he live now?

Let me reach out and I can find out for you

I was just curious if still nearby at all.
Keeper of the Old Code.