News: SMF - Just Installed!
July 18, 2018, 01:03:01 PM

Author Topic: FSR Setup  (Read 223 times)

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
FSR Setup
« on: May 12, 2018, 12:00:30 AM »
After Sherwood I've become very interested in the capabilities of first strike. I have an extra unibody for a phantom and plan to dremel out the feed to accept first strike. This will require I single load each shot but the whole point of FSR is make each shot count. I'll probably go with 12g for the air system, I'll start with a dropout changer and save up for a lever changer later. After it is all put together I do need to find a way to carry it as a secondary.

Setup so far:

Anyone else have any aspirations like this?

Trek {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: FSR Setup
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:24:42 AM »
I guess I better get my Drexel back to the shop then.....

Lo {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
  • Colorado transplant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 03:57:07 AM »
If you have a CCI dropout, don't worry about the lever changer. (Unless that's part of your thing for levers). With a little practice, I could once change 12ies in 2 seconds flat -- and I don't think you'll be going through that many.
"I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. But still, I am not what I used to be. And by the grace of God, I am what I am" (John Newton: 1725-1807)

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 10:24:10 AM »
There is a guy who made a leverchanger in a sidesaddle configuration that is very tight. For a secondary I think it would make for a nice compact setup.
https://springpheed.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Ficd-lever-changer-side-saddle-setup
I was toying with a dropout changer but don't really want a hardline or macro line on something that will be swinging on my back. Figure it would get caught up way to easy.

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 12:52:53 PM »
Have another trigger frame on the way from CCI. Of course as soon as I put the order in a bunch of RTR parts go on sale on MCB. Such is life, I'll just have to snag them next time around. Need to decide which grip to get. I'm told it is the same attachment style as AR-15. Anyone have any recommendations? Worst case I already have a couple M-16 style grips floating around.

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »
Have another trigger frame on the way from CCI. Of course as soon as I put the order in a bunch of RTR parts go on sale on MCB. Such is life, I'll just have to snag them next time around. Need to decide which grip to get. I'm told it is the same attachment style as AR-15. Anyone have any recommendations? Worst case I already have a couple M-16 style grips floating around.
you mean like magpul grip?  If that's the case you could make one from wood if you wanted

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 02:03:03 PM »
you mean like magpul grip?  If that's the case you could make one from wood if you wanted
Well now you are talking my language.

Checkers {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 05:24:12 PM »
You could start with a chuck of oak or maple probably a 5/4 x 4 if you want to mould it to your hand. If you want generic maybe start with a 2" dowel

Lo {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
  • Colorado transplant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 04:54:36 AM »
Sorry, I meant CCI bucket, not dropout.
"I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. But still, I am not what I used to be. And by the grace of God, I am what I am" (John Newton: 1725-1807)

Trek {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 04:54:03 PM »
My dremel is back at my shop whenever you wanna start hacking away. You will just need to pick up some cut off wheels.

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 04:10:28 PM »
Got some new parts in. Trigger frame added plus I now have a sight rail for whatever optic I choose to use.

Also did a little dremel work thanks to Trek. Got the feed cut and a FSR fits with plenty of room to get a finger in to slide it into the breech. Not the prettiest job I've seen but I'm happy with it for freehand work.

Next I need to find a bolt that either has a hole already tapped or an extra and tap it myself. The standard phantom bolt are only drilled for the pump are to sit in, if I want a bolt to hold without JB welding it I'll need it threaded. I also got to verify that a FSR fits very lightly in the unibody barrel. I was worried this might not work since too large and the FSR won't gain any rotation and too small I'll get jammed/broken paint. I'm half tempted to keep the trigger frame without a grip to cut down on weight and bulk but that will wait till testing to see how handy that is.

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2018, 06:10:04 PM »
Get a 180 Mont for your 10 grams and make this snap into place atop your mag. Go from fire power to sniper power
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY