News: SMF - Just Installed!
August 14, 2018, 03:30:39 AM

Author Topic: Meat Eater  (Read 49 times)

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Meat Eater
« on: July 22, 2018, 08:52:42 PM »
I know I've mentioned this show to a few guys in person but this is a series that follows a rather successful hunter across his many hunting trips. He reflects on the methods of his hunts and the ethics he employs as he seeks game. I really like how he identifies if his hunt is about sportsmanship/trophies or simply putting some meat in the freezer and how the decision affects how he hunts. He seems to have a great respect for the natural resources. Some of his episodes are just how to cook wild game, definitely something I'll be going back to next time I want to showoff to nonexistent groups of fellow food connoisseurs. I watched much of this with Laura and now she is very excited to try her hand at some future hunting trips herself instead of relying on me to bring home the *insert cut of meat here*. It appears that Netfilx only has a couple seasons of this show but it has many more that I haven't yet found an economic place to watch. The hunter also has a nice website with podcasts and recipes.

http://www.themeateater.com/