News: SMF - Just Installed!
February 15, 2019, 05:26:22 PM

Author Topic: Time to rebuild Woody  (Read 693 times)

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Time to rebuild Woody
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 03:42:20 PM »
I cut out my pre and post workout drinks. This is day 2 without them. Wow that makes things a lot harder! No caffeine, no creatine, no bcaa’s. Recovery is harder, the weights feel heavier. But it should be done from time to time anyway. Help the liver recover. Plus creatine causes you to retain a lot of water. Which I did notice that I sweat faster and more now too.
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 04:10:47 PM »
You sweat less when you were on those drinks? Hmm....
Keeper of the Old Code.

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 07:43:24 AM »
I’m not sure why but yeah. It could be my body starting to dump excess water from the 15 months I have been taking creatine.
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »
Had the flu this last week. Haven’t been to the gym for a week. But I’m basically good to go. So back at it tomorrow! Time to go crazy on the cardio!

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »
Adding cardio back into my workouts has shown just how far I fell off of the fitness wagon. But it has also really shown me the condition of my old knees. My right knee is great! My left knee hurts when I get on the cardio machines. Not enough to stop me, but definitely enough to annoy me.

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2018, 12:52:11 PM »
What's your mile time these days?
Keeper of the Old Code.

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2018, 01:08:12 PM »
No idea! Machines are a totally different animal than actually pounding the pavement. I will figure out that when it’s warmer out. I don’t like running outside when it’s less than 50 degrees. Working outside kinda changes priorities. I did a 4:30 mile on the exercise bike today though. My goal for running a mile is 6:00 or less.

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2018, 01:52:21 PM »
No idea! Machines are a totally different animal than actually pounding the pavement. I will figure out that when it’s warmer out. I don’t like running outside when it’s less than 50 degrees. Working outside kinda changes priorities. I did a 4:30 mile on the exercise bike today though. My goal for running a mile is 6:00 or less.

Don't have treadmill mile time yet?
Keeper of the Old Code.

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »
I absolutely hate treadmills! That’s not a natural run, that’s a press a button and keep up type thing. There are newer treadmill type machines that are controlled by your actual movement but anytime fitness here in Lincoln doesn’t have them yet. Which is insane considering anytime fitness in North Platte does!

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 07:25:41 PM »
I absolutely hate treadmills! That’s not a natural run, that’s a press a button and keep up type thing. There are newer treadmill type machines that are controlled by your actual movement but anytime fitness here in Lincoln doesn’t have them yet. Which is insane considering anytime fitness in North Platte does!

Of course. But, if not running outside...its still a form of running that keeps the heart rate and body motion up. Those self propelled ones are super nice and crazy expensive too. My buddy has a few at his gym.
Keeper of the Old Code.

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2018, 08:28:19 PM »
I like them, it just takes a little getting use to. I use the elliptical and bikes. Plus I add in HIIT training. So I’m still moving.

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2018, 09:12:47 PM »
I like them, it just takes a little getting use to. I use the elliptical and bikes. Plus I add in HIIT training. So I’m still moving.

They got any of those stair steppers at your gym? People look ridiculous on them but they are also dying. Freaking kicks butt and works. Elipticals are legit too.
Keeper of the Old Code.

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2018, 10:32:21 AM »
Yeah I keep looking at that thing wondering how bad it is! I’m probably going to give that a go.

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
It’s been awhile since I posted. So here it goes.

Since the trip to Joplin I have been sick or working the cold nights in the Council Bluffs yard. Yes I was out in the -32 windchill nights for 9+ hours. That stuff will wipe you out fast. So I haven’t been to the gym since the trip. So today I finally felt good and had some time to go. I did a chest workout and the stair machine. The chest workout should have been a killer but because of rude people doing what rude people do I was kinda taken out of my game mentally. I pushed through but ultimately I walked away from that workout with a bad taste in my mouth. Stair machine was work, but I managed to get in 100 floors in a little less than 30 minutes. All intervals. This coming week I will keep pushing myself and get back in my groove. Probably going to change up the routine though. Maybe tweak the nutrition a little too.

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2019, 12:11:16 AM »
Woody saw some serious dividend at the tournament. He had zero problems with his knees. Keep it up Woody!
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY