News: SMF - Just Installed!
March 21, 2019, 11:09:29 AM

Author Topic: **JAEGERS in KC----MARCH 9th (Sat)**  (Read 1160 times)

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: **JAEGERS in KC----MARCH 9th (Sat)**
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »
Did anyone size the paint down there? I ask because I’m switching back to freak barrels and I am trying to get an idea of what inserts I’m going to need since I’m not buying a full set of inserts yet.

I bore sized to .680 but I prefer to underbore when I play pump so I was playing at .679

Thanks that seems to be about the standard these days.
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

Trek {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »
I ran a .684 freak insert and the ball stuck in the insert but blew out with little air pressure. I don't think I broke a single ball in my Axe. I was running their Marbalizer.

The morning was rough. Just couldn't get into the groove. So many people and not to criticize the Caves because I do love them for what they are, but I'm kinda bored with their set up inside. With that said I switched back to my mag-fed gear and had fun again. I guess it is all about finding what play style keeps you entertained by the sport. Great brotherhood was had and great conversation on the trip down and back. Although hitting a couple of potholes the size of a small meteor crater on the interstate did irritate me!

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2019, 06:21:14 PM »
I ran a .684 freak insert and the ball stuck in the insert but blew out with little air pressure. I don't think I broke a single ball in my Axe. I was running their Marbalizer.
Yeah I just ordered a Sconi freak xl back that’s compatible with the lapco fuse or planet eclipse shaft 4/5 barrels. Hopefully it’s as good as the reviews I have seen.
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2019, 05:17:31 PM »
Yeah I just ordered a Sconi freak xl back that’s compatible with the lapco fuse or planet eclipse shaft 4/5 barrels. Hopefully it’s as good as the reviews I have seen.

Woody, i am interested. Let me play with it a bit eh?

The Day got better as it went no. They initially didn't have good coordination with reffing (Taking charge in dividing teams and telling rules, ending games with time limits, etc) but it got better as the day went on. The no time limits on games meant a LOT less play. I stuck to the back just so I wouldn't have to wait forever just to play again.

The day solidified again, that i cannot just chill in the back. As i started to amp it up and push up later in the day, EVERYTHING was much better. More eliminations, better flow, more energy, less stress. I have to stick to my play. I enjoyed it more as the day progressed and that was what made it hard to leave, it was getting better. lol.

Mudhole will not be one i go back to.  TO run out of 3 different meats on a Satruday night... and if those were their best, they just lost the chance to shine to me.

I think i have found my spots in KC... BB's Lawnside, Woodyard, and a LIttle BBQ Joint. I will stick to those.. In future years... if it happens again.lol
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2019, 07:39:17 PM »
However, the best part of this trip happened on the target practice field. Hoot loaded up his first Automag since Black Death was stolen. With about 5 rounds in the hopper and a Bag i was carrying we got to the target range. This Mag was recently tuned by the legendary TUNA MAN. He has an understanding and ability with Automags that is known across the paintball community. It was resting in Jake's hands and I was a bit worried. I really wanted it to work well and for his mag to be AWESOME! Jake likes to take it back to the beginnings and this could be his chance to do it well. Only if, however, this mag shot well. He was using a HPA tank that was too long. This wasn't a good feature if I was looking for him to be able to feel comfortable and shoot well right away. But there was nothing to be done for it. We were there, he was pulled up and aiming. The moment of truth. I couldn't really see what he was aiming at as i was off to his side and it was a bit dim... Ping. followed quickly by ping ping ping ping. His 1st shots out of his new mag (not Pnuemag) were 5 hit right in quick succession on a pole 15 - 20 feet away that was no wider than 1.5 inches. He stopped and looked at me... and loaded up more balls in the hopper.

He proceed to shoot varying targets right on first pulls. His gun skills are amazing and it was cool to see him dive into his new gun with good response.

Jake's gun getting stolen is something today I still seek to rectify. I sometimes ask guys "who might know of such things" if they can dig around a bit and see if anything is heard.  To see that crime partially wiped away with a Mag in his hands is a good feeling.

Hoot didn't you play a few games with it?
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Shanopaintball {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2019, 10:18:59 PM »
Cave Game day review:

My brother Tim decide to take the day off work to come play and I did enjoy hanging with my brother.  Being gone for two years and seeing him at family functions is truly not the same a taking a road trip and just talking for a couple of hours.  Enjoyed this immensely probably the best part of trip.

Arrived to the caves just before 11:00 am and the place was busy!   Found the guys and pretty much meander through the tables in the back of the staging area and claimed a spot on one of the not so crowded tables.   

Took out my new toys; and planet eclipse Emek, desert edge lapco fuse .680 barrel back with planet eclipse 14inch camo tip, a spire 3 and my Bunker King CMD goggles. (This would be the second time out with the CMD goggles) to top off the setup I ran my 2 year old low pressure 77cu SL ninja tank and a Bunkerking V5 camo strapless pack.  Everything ran flawlessly:

Game wise I think we lost the first five games I played: 

First game was on the near side I was was shot out early from the 50 car on the far side of the field.  Shot in the hand with a little dots of blood coming from the pores of the skin where i was shot.

Second game I played, we had the walk and was shot though the window of the van.  Tried walking out the window side and proceed to get shot trying to walk out.  Stop for a second  because it stung then tried walking down the side again but getting shot 5 more times. 2 to the belly 1 to the gun, 1 to the hopper and 1 to the ear side of the mask.  I decide this was not the way to go out.  walk back to the starting point and walked through the middle of the field.

The opposing teams always pushed the window side of the field.  I think my next two games I was blasted from the back/side flank.  Other time I was done with that and battle 1 column in from the window side.  Shot quite a few but hard to get them all.

My priority was to hang out with my brother and play paintball with him.  To that the day was a success,  but did feel distant to the rest, I wished I would of talk to everyone a little more.....

Oh and I love BBs BBQ,  I know how to get there and it is relative easy from Jeagers:  not the goofy google maps way:

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2019, 12:21:17 AM »
Yeah, we had a few groups mixed within our MWB crew. it really cut our group up and I wish it wasn't like that.
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Trek {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2019, 09:31:31 AM »
I think we need to get back to having out own Caveball weekend. I think, as much as I love hanging out with the B.O.B.s, that it is just too crowded. If we split that back up again, and it decreased the overall number of bodies both trips, that it would be more fun.

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2019, 12:31:18 PM »
I think we need to get back to having out own Caveball weekend. I think, as much as I love hanging out with the B.O.B.s, that it is just too crowded. If we split that back up again, and it decreased the overall number of bodies both trips, that it would be more fun.

Second
"We can't die. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die" -Malcolm Reynolds

Savage {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2019, 05:35:52 AM »
It was great to get back out there with you guys. Some disappointing moments but overall, I am super happy that I got to see some familiar faces and sling paint once again.
Be not that far from me, for trouble is near; haste Thee to help me. Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2019, 08:40:34 AM »
Yeah I miss getting to play games with just us. Tim, you got us a new Outlaw field yet? Or have you bought the old one yet? I miss playing in the woods too. Best part of the trip was being with the guys. Shano, that was cool you had your bro out. He enjoy the day? Savage, really glad to have you back up here.

Taylor, thanks again for the mag. Very generous of you. After those initial shots, all I could do was smile. I don't necessarily think mags are anymore accurate than a mini for example, but their setup forces me to aim a particular way with them that just clicks generally. Shooting that one felt similar to Black Death. It was very close. Trigger was almost as good. It exceeded my expectations and brought back a lost feeling. So of course I had to try it on the field. That 90ci tank was a beast though. Really made playing with it tough for me (I've been rocking SL for past 5 years) so gun handling was slow. I ran the mag for 1 game to give it a go. I saw a long narrow lane to shoot a player hugging a pillar. Raised the mag, locked in, and I think I hit him with 2nd shot. Just those long, steady drop shots. I died seconds after that, but it felt good to get a kill with a mag again. I look forward to running it with a 68ci SL tank and really giving it a go. Thanks man.
Keeper of the Old Code.

SHOCKMAN {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Team Ronin Online
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2019, 11:27:52 AM »
I don't necessarily think mags are anymore accurate than a mini for example, but their setup forces me to aim a particular way with them that just clicks generally. Shooting that one felt similar to Black Death. It was very close. Trigger was almost as good. It exceeded my expectations and brought back a lost feeling.

This right here!!!

I always feel the best marker is the one a player can hit with. Went through the same thingat the caves. I was using my phantom in the early half but found I was having a difficulty placing shots. Didn't help that the lighting in the caves wasn't enough for my OEG Armson sight.  Second half I went back to my old sniper. Much better. Glad I stuck it out towards the end. While I was no performing to my standard most of the day I did get three great kills on my last game. Two which where goggle shots. Shano may not be aware it but he called those two for me. Could got a more but some random player bumped up behind me and drew some attention our way and I couldn't back in behind the pillar I was using for cover. We both ended up getting eliminated.  At least I felt like I ended on a high note.

Yes I am all for a Muddy only caves visit next time. Way over crowed this trip.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 10:59:12 AM by SHOCKMAN {MWB} »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
[/ur