News: SMF - Just Installed!
April 23, 2019, 09:35:15 PM

Author Topic: CCI Retirement  (Read 240 times)

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
CCI Retirement
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:02:35 AM »
Word is that Mike Cassidy, the owner of CCI and designer of the phantom, will be hanging up his hat by the end of the year. I know most of you don't care much about pump and even less care about phantoms but this is sad news for the industry. CCI has been the standard of customer service and quality control for over 30 years in the paintball industry. If anyone has been on the fence about picking up a phantom for any reason now would be a good time. Rumor is there is a buyer lined up to take over CCI but another rumour is the deal fell through so we shall see. If anyone is worried about having a marker that might not have a supply of repair parts I bought my phantom of Taylor and had it dated to 1992 and fairly certain it had the original seals. One or two seal kits and a guy should be set for as long as any of us will still be playing.

SHOCKMAN {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Team Ronin Online
Re: CCI Retirement
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 04:53:02 PM »
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:16:56 PM by Hoot {MWB} »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
[/ur

Shanopaintball {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 10:07:06 PM »
went and bought a t shirt

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 10:29:49 PM »
I’m not a fan but I do hope that he sells it to someone. For no other reason than to keep replacement parts flowing. I never really cared much for phantoms mostly because they changed so little over the years. No real innovation, just tweaks here and there. But I guess that can be said about most pump guns.
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

ALPHA {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • MSN Messenger - Loudmouth3927@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 01:28:31 AM »
I’m not a fan but I do hope that he sells it to someone. For no other reason than to keep replacement parts flowing. I never really cared much for phantoms mostly because they changed so little over the years. No real innovation, just tweaks here and there. But I guess that can be said about most pump guns.

Oh woody. Just admit, it's cuz they shoot slow. Lol jp. They have a good design, no need to tweek it. Face it, there hasn't been innovation in paintball for... ever.
Alf
Alpha
Taylor
     But most of all....
            DADDY

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 06:13:16 AM »
The phantom gets 40+ shots off a 12g in the right climate from what I hear. The only other thing to improve besides ergonomics is to make it open bolt so guys not used to pump don't double pump.

Lo {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
  • Colorado transplant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 07:34:08 AM »
*cough* https://airsoldier.com/product/asp-phantom-detent-modification/

That said... Mike is a great guy. The pinnacle of customer service (in an industry that so often scrapes the bottom of the barrel in that regard).
"I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I want to be. I am not what I hope to be. But still, I am not what I used to be. And by the grace of God, I am what I am" (John Newton: 1725-1807)

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 01:03:12 PM »

Oh woody. Just admit, it's cuz they shoot slow. Lol jp. They have a good design, no need to tweek it. Face it, there hasn't been innovation in paintball for... ever.

I have no problem with pump guns. I have had a few. But phantoms have basically been the same fun since day one. Sure they work great, but they just bore me looks wise. I want pretty things! LOL

But your right there hasn’t been much big innovation in the sport in awhile, heck they are rereleasing the old proflex masks. Talk about going backwards!
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."