CAMP or HOUSE

CAMP w/ Canopy
3 (25%)
HOUSE
9 (75%)
CAMP w/out Canopy
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: LL XII Camp or House? VOTE!  (Read 334 times)

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
LL XII Camp or House? VOTE!
« on: March 10, 2019, 07:56:03 PM »
Gentlemen, let us make a collective decision regarding the lodging of our clan at Living Legends. We present two options for you to decide upon. Our costs estimates will be made with 15 people in mind. Please vote and share your thoughts. Need to secure our choice soon. REMEMBER, if less than 15 people come these prices will be even higher.

1) The first is an Airbnb. It is the house listed below. 

4 bedrooms, 5 beds, 3.5 baths, 10 guests, 24 minutes from the field,  $2107 3 nights.   
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24676630?location=Lockport%2C%20IL%2C%20United%20States&adults=10&check_in=2019-05-17&check_out=2019-05-20&guests=1

Hot showers, full kitchen for cooking meals, might not feel as cramped, etc.

COST= $2107 / 15 = $150 a person

2) OR we camp at LL.

Camping space is very limited and it costs money. We would purchase the largest spot we could (40'x40') for $300. Plus, we would like to rent a large canopy tent as we've done for recent scenarios. Depending on size we're looking at $700-800.

-We could rent a 40'x20' tent, which would take up half of our camp site, OR we could get a 40'x30' tent size that takes us 3/4 of the site space.
-Many guys like sleeping on cots under the big tent, but some guys prefer to sleep in their own tents.
-It would be good to know how many guys plan to sleep in their own tents if we go this route.
-If folks preferred camping, but didn't want to spend a lot of money, we could forgo the big canopy tent and just bring personal tents and a few small pops ups. Then price will only be $300 for the camp site.

COST = $1100 / 15 = $75 a person

UNLESS NO CANOPY RENTAL

COST = $300 / 15 = $20 a person

Camping would be half the price. Love that. But things could also be tight. Sucks we have to pay for camping. If we don't camp, we might be able to bring a few quick pop up tents to setup at our trucks in the parking lot. That way we have a spot to relax during the day. Unsure how far from the field that will be or realistic. If we can't do that, the house will suck during game day. Lot of unknowns for this event.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:03:45 PM by Hoot {MWB} »
Keeper of the Old Code.

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LL XII Camp or House? VOTE!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 08:27:21 PM »
This layout looks awkward. Camping on opposite side of field from vendors. I bet air is over by vendors.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 08:30:10 PM by Hoot {MWB} »
Keeper of the Old Code.

Grim {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 08:37:17 PM »
The field (and campground) are right next to train tracks.  How often do trains go through?

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 08:39:51 PM »
I'm game for either or, im voting house though because we can get more bang for our buck there
"We can't die. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die" -Malcolm Reynolds

Tick {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 11:14:22 PM »
The layout seems pretty poor for this event.  The vendors are way off in the corner. 

The charge for camping spaces (which seen very cramped) annoys me. 

I will vote for the house, which will have hot showers and easier cooking facilities. 

Trek {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 11:19:39 PM »
The paying for camping thing really bothers me. This is a premier event in the country and one of the more expensive even without the camping. I vote for the house. If we have to pay to stay somewhere, you pay for amenities like showers and such. If their camping included that then I understand. It doesn’t. It feels like we are paying something for nothing special. Plus a kitchen for cooking will be bomb.

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 11:21:17 PM »
The field (and campground) are right next to train tracks.  How often do trains go through?

The track has both Amtrak and metra running on it so at least 4 times a day and possibly more
"We can't die. You know why? Because we are so... very... pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die" -Malcolm Reynolds

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 07:42:40 AM »

I don’t even want to see 1 train let alone have my nerves rattled by every moron wanting to walk around on the tracks. HOUSE!
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

The O {MWB}

• Co-Captain
  • Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 02:39:34 PM »
house is looking pretty good.  especially with them train tracks...... lol
"To have found God and still to pursue Him is the soul's paradox of love, scorned indeed by the too-easily-satisfied religionist, but justified in happy experience by the children of the burning heart."  - A.W. Tozer

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 06:24:04 PM »
Considering I almost ran a woman, kid and their horses over while rolling down the tracks at 50mph. I just avoid crowds of fools who thing tracks are toys or scenery for their pictures. Otherwise I would get asked to leave because I’m yelling at the fools for being there.
Mike Phillips: "Pound for pound - Bob Long Vice, one of the best guns on the market...ever! This gun is absolutely absurd."

Hoot {MWB}

• Council
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 07:14:21 PM »
It is looking like House. That's my vote. Be aware, we have just enough in the team fund to pay for the house upfront, but everyone would need to pay that back ASAP. The house would be something we all have to commit too and pay for.

Legends is gonna get pricey.

$150 (House) + $75 (REG) + $70 (1 Case of Paint) = $295

Before food, before gas, before extra activities in Chicago, you're looking at $300.

If you're buying 2 cases of paint you're getting close to $400 before any of that. Once you add on gas and food you're probably hitting $500 easy.

If less than 15 guys do the house, you're paying more for house.

Dang...you guys sure you don't want to do a cheaper event? lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 07:16:07 PM by Hoot {MWB} »
Keeper of the Old Code.

Dork Fish {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »
Save some money and play pump!

Tick {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2019, 08:57:45 PM »
Yeah it's getting real expensive... Could almost be going to Hawaii...

Woody {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2019, 09:43:15 PM »
Save some money and play pump!
That would cost more since most don’t own a pump!

Phoenix {MWB}

• Muddy Water Boy
  • Legend
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2019, 10:29:17 PM »
Just pretend you are running a pump between shots, the mental gymnastics alone will slow you down.